As the Colt Osaka Keihanna Data Centre construction team work tirelessly on the development of this new hyperscale facility, Colt DCS is proud to announce that 500,000 safe working hours have been achieved onsite during the build.
Purposely designed to meet the high security needs of customers with mission-critical data, on completion, our Colt Osaka Keihanna Data Centre will span a gross site area of 42,000m2 and offer over 40MW of deliverable IT power.
Health & Safety remains our priority
At Colt DCS, the excellence in our standards is not just tied to our technical capabilities, but also extends to our people. Having the best talent in the industry means we can help our customers achieve their IT infrastructure goals by offering them scalable and flexible hyperscale data centre solutions.
Our company’s success is only as successful as our people. Therefore, the health & safety of our employees, staff, partners, and project teams remains Colt DCS’s number one priority by ensuring that everyone onsite goes home to their families uninjured.
By implementing a wide range of protocols and safety control measures to mitigate risks, these 500,000 safe working hours at our Colt Osaka Keihanna Data Centre have successfully been achieved by:
- Proactively conducting safety training by the GC to their subcontractors
- Providing detailed work method statements with risk assessments for all works onsite
- Including clear equipment inspection and maintenance protocols onsite
- Enforcing global best practices in the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) exceeding local standards
- Considering a risk hierarchy in all works planning – if the risk can be eliminated, it does not need to be managed.
- Carrying out safety promotional activities with award and reward recognition
- Holding daily, weekly and monthly site inspections with observation tracking
- Exploring High Risk Activities (HRA) with a four week advance schedule to support planning and onsite communication
- Implementing onsite activity briefing sessions held twice daily with all workers
- Conducting independent health & safety reviews and audits on a regular basis
“Passing the 500,000 incident-free working hours milestone at our Colt Osaka Keihanna Data Centre is a tremendous achievement for Colt DCS. We attribute our success in health and safety management not only to the good relationship our site team has built with our general contractor, but also to the guidance our internal and external stakeholders offer. Maintaining an incident and injury free workplace is one of our top initiatives. At Colt DCS, we believe it is everyone’s right to work in a safe environment and return home each day safe and healthy. As we approach Phase 1 completion in December 2022, we look forward to reporting continued success in the health & safety management of our Colt Osaka Keihanna Data Centre project.”
To find out more about our Colt Osaka Keihanna Data Centre’s technical specifications, visit our data centre location page and download the datasheet.
Talk to us
If you would like one of our data centre specialists to get in touch to discuss your requirements, please complete and submit this form*.
Alternatively, you can reach us on the phone numbers and email address listed below.
*By submitting your details, you agree to our T&Cs.