Cookie UsageCookies are usually a small piece of data sent from a website and stored on a user's computer while the user is browsing the website. Although cookies cannot carry any virus, they help us understand which sections of our websites are the most popular as they help show which pages are being visited and for how long. This helps us adapt our websites to provide more relevant and accessible information. For example, cookies allow us to ensure that the information displayed on your next visit to our websites will match up with your user preferences. You may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please note, however, that disabling cookies might affect your online experience and/or prevent you from taking full advantage of our site and some of its functionality. If you choose to restrict cookies you will have to provide certain information each time you visit our website and reset your preferences.
Advantages of cookies are:
- Remembering the details as provided by the user
- Remembering user preferences
- Helping improve the website
- Cookies can be deleted by the visitor
- Cookies can be blocked by changing browser setting
- Cookies cannot carry any threat to the visitor’s device
- Details of Cookies which Colt may be placing on your device
- Persistent Cookies are the cookies which remain on your device for a longer period of time. They are used to recognise a return visitor as a unique user. If the visitor restricts persistent cookies, these cookies fail to gather any information about that visitor.
- Third Party Cookies: Certain third party cookies placed on your device are used for analytical and advertising purposes. These cookies can be persistent or non-persistent and are placed from different domain names.
- Cookie name
- Cookie details
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'.
- In the options window navigate to the 'Privacy' tab.
- Set the slider to ‘Medium’ or below.
- Move the slider to the top to block all cookies.
- Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select ‘Options’
- To enable cookies: Check ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- To disable cookies: Uncheck ‘Accept cookies for sites’
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click ‘Show advanced settings’
- In the “Privacy” section, click the ‘Content settings’ button
- To enable cookies in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Allow local data to be set’, this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick ‘Block all third-party cookies without exception’
- To disable cookies, in the “Cookies” section, pick ‘Block sites from setting any data’
- Open Safari if it is not already open.
- Choose Safari> Preferences, and then click Privacy.
- In the “Block Cookies” section, specify whether Safari should accept cookies from websites, and when.
- To see an explanation of the options, click on your computer, click Details.
- If you want to see which websites store cookies on your computer, click Details
Examples of cookies being used by Colt DCS include:
Colt has enabled IPv6 infrastructure. Code on this site performs a set of tests to determine IPv6 capability. This cookie collects information in an anonymous form and provides IPv6 usage results within Google Analytics.
Colt uses Google Analytics (a service provided by Google) to collect and compile information about how our sites are used. We use this information to improve content on our sites and also ensure they are easier to use. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form and allow us to view the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and which pages they visit while on the site.
Colt uses Hubspot for marketing purposes enabling us to tailor content and how we communicate with site visitors and subscribers. The cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. This information is used to compile reports and help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Colt may also collect Personally Identifiable Information when you use certain services, through the use of the Site or hypersite web pages, or when you enter promotions or contests offered by Colt on and through the Site. For example, if you choose to register for a service, white paper, subscribe to any of our newsletters, we are able to identify when you click through to our website and the pages you visit.
Colt includes social sharing and bookmarking buttons on its websites - this service is provided by AddThis and allows visitors to easily share content from our sites with popular social networks such as Facebook, Twitter. The cookies collect information which allows us to see what information on our sites is being shared and with which social network and bookmarking sites.
You may restrict cookies by changing the browser setting (guidance provided below):
For Internet Explorer:
To enable cookies:
To disable cookies:
For all other Browsers and Mobile Devices:
To restrict cookies on any other browser or on a mobile device, please visit the official webpage of the browser or device manufacturer or the documentation provided by them and follow their instructions.
For more information on cookies and their use visit: