Colt Data Centre Services (DCS), the global data centre operator, has today announced the completion of a tier three data centre expansion project in Madrid.
The new fully-functional site delivers increased capacity to support customer demand in the region and is part of Colt DCS’ aggressive growth strategy for 2017.
The significant investment made to upgrade the carrier-neutral data centre will deliver improvements in reliability and an energy-efficient infrastructure. An additional 645m2 has been added to the site, including 400m2 at full fit-out and 245m2 at half fit-out ready to support 170 and 119 new racks, respectively.
The data centre’s total capacity now stands at 1,845m2 of white space for customer colocation racks with an available mains power of 1,200 watts per square metre. Colt DCS expects the expansion to create new business opportunities in target sectors including financial services, media and the public sector.
In addition to capacity upgrades, Colt DCS has taken significant steps to enhance customer service quality, reliability and the power efficiency of the site – innovations that will offer competitive advantage while awarding customers a best-in-class environment to develop their operational performance.
Key features include:
- Ultra energy-efficient technology up to 96.8 per cent to replace old UPS units
- New hybrid cooling towers to reduce water consumption and provide free cooling throughout the year to improve energy usage
- New room cooling units with variable speed compressors, variable water flow and energy efficient fans
- New humidification system including energy efficient ultrasonic technology with mineralised water
- New pumps with enhanced control strategy for better energy usage
- Flexible rack layout and extended maintenance space
- Early fire detection system to improve data centre safety and reliability
“Our investment in our carrier-neutral data centre in Madrid recognises the increase in market demand for colocation services across many key verticals in Spain. We want to provide our customers with the latest innovations in data centre technology. This is in addition to providing an environment where they can run their businesses reliably, efficiently and cost effectively. The expansion showcases Colt DCS’ commitment to the region and to customers with operations in Spain. It is also an example of our aggressive growth strategy for this year and beyond.”